At Maramba, we know that strong parent and carer involvement in their child’s school contributes to improved student learning, health and wellbeing.
We always welcome the support of our parents, carers and community members in a multitude of ways. Wherever your skills and passion lay or even if it is just about giving some time to support our students and the school there are a multitude of ways you can do this.
Please note that all volunteers and helpers require a Working With Children Check for any level of support with the school.
- Reading partners from our Foundation to Year 3 students - having additional adults to read with in school on a regular basis at a time when learning to read is the most crucial to literacy development is invaluable.
- Helping our teachers and students on Educational visits during the year.
- Lending a hand at one or more of our annual school community events such as the Colour Run, School Fete, Twilight Sports, Year 6 Graduation Committee to name a few.
- Building a stronger community and keeping our school looking great better by being involved in a school working bee.
- Being involved in our FOM committee, which made up of parent and community volunteers. They do a brilliant job at supporting the school community in a range of ways from running the canteen to organising fundraising events and working bees. Without their valuable contribution, many of the programs around the school for all students would not be possible.
- Become a member of our School Council, who work with the Principal and the school community to continue to provide the best education for our students.
If you are interested in lending your support, please give us a call on 03 9796 7150 or come and let us know at the office!